Mangosteen, Queen of Fruit and benefits of mangosteen
Mangosteen (Mangosteen), round shape fruit Changed from green when the result is still weak to dark purple when fully cooked The flesh inside is white, divided into petals. Equal to the calyx under the effect The top calyx on the pedicle of the result looks like the queen’s crown. Plus the delicious flavor, so juicy, is regarded as Queen of fruit Many benefits are hidden in every part of the tree, as well as the ripe fruit, raw fruit, roots, leaves, bark, also rich in medicinal properties. That the medical profession and modern medicine accept
Mangosteen (Mangosteen) has the scientific name Garcinia mangostana Linn. It is a fruit that has a sweet taste. And is still very popular in Asia Until being called as “The Queen of Fruits” because of the external appearance of the fruit that has a petal on the head, similar to the queen’s crown. Mangosteen is a very useful fruit, in addition to the area that we eat well. Still, have mangosteen peels Which is waste from agricultural sector Which has many benefits and has high medical properties in the treatment of diseases
At present, scientific research from mangosteen extract has been found, with high amounts of tannin and xanthones, which have medicinal and inhibitory properties. By which tannins Has astringent effect, helps the wound heal faster and the xanthones have antioxidant activity Anti-inflammatory from infection Treat cancer cells And kill serious respiratory pathogens in addition to medical properties In the cosmetics and cleaning products industry Also pay attention to the use of mangosteen peel extract as an ingredient in various products as a deodorant aid And alleviate the symptoms of dermatitis, acne and blemish, which is good and is popular with consumers today
Nutrients in the mangosteen from the USDA Food Composition Databases report, 100 grams of mangosteen meat contains the following ingredients.
- Power 73 kcal
- 80.94 grams of water
- 0.41 grams of protein
- Total Carbohydrates 17.91 grams
- 1.8 g fiber
- 0.58 grams of fat
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.054 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.054 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.286 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) 0.032 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 0.018 mg
- Vitamin B9 or folate 31 micrograms
- Beta carotene 16 micrograms
- Alpha-carotene 1 microgram
- Beta-cryptosamine 9 micrograms
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 2.9 mg
- Vitamin A 35 IU
- Calcium 12 mg
- 0.3 mg of iron
- Magnesium 13 mg
- Phosphorus 8 mg
- Potassium 48 mg
- 7 mg Sodium
- Zinc content 0.21 mg
- Copper element 0.069 mg
- Manganese 0.102 mg
How to choose mangosteen
Good mangosteen must look at the flesh in the white color that is arranged in a petal in the thick shell. By which we can see under the result Can be seen that there are petals separated How many The flesh in the white inside is only the number. If the mangosteen, which has a large number of sepals under the fruit Showing that the mangosteen has a very white petal Which shows that the mangosteen is good because the mangosteen seed is smaller and has more mangosteen flesh
Benefits of mangosteen
- Some antioxidants help slow down the deterioration of the body, resulting in our body becoming older. Helps to reduce wrinkles and make our skin look radiant.
- Support strengthens the immune system to strengthen our body. And prevent or relieve fever as well
- Helps to increase the spirit Awake of the body as well. And can also help improve our emotional state
- Support prevent diabetes. Due to the properties of mangosteen that will help to reduce and control sugar levels in our body.
- Not only reduce cholesterol levels and bad fats in blood vessels but also helps to inhibit bacteria in our body as well.
- Helps to strengthen bones and teeth
- Xanthones are effective in reducing blood pressure.
- Contribute to the prevention of tumors in our body.
- Helps in the digestive system because the mangosteen has a lot of fiber.
- The mangosteen peel has properties to heal wounds. And inhibit the fungus that causes skin diseases
Misconceptions about mangosteen
Did mangosteen steam Real lung cancer treatment?
In the mangosteen peel, there are useful substances, but Xanthones are insoluble. Therefore, the steaming is not able to penetrate the shell, but the red color we see in the steamed mangosteen Is the substance in the tannin group With astringent taste, causing the tissue to shrink If ingested, it may cause constipation. And continue to eat for a long time May accumulate in the body until harmful to the liver and kidneys